Windows 10 October 2018 Update: If you are planning to upgrade your Pc with Windows 10 October 2018 Update, then I will recommend you to go through our guide to take advantages of Windows 10 October 2018 Update. here I am going to explain the whole procedure of how to download Windows 10 October 2018 Update.
Microsoft Windows has been re-released the latest version of Windows 10 October 2018 Update on November 13, 2018. Therefore if you can’t wait to upgrade your windows, here is everything you need to know about how you can download Windows 10 October 2018 Update and install it right now.
Windows 10 October 2018 Update has come with a bunch of new features & it is almost a great release for Microsoft Windows.
You can update your windows with Windows 10 October 2018 Update with various way. Here I will tell you about all the ways.
Also, you should keep it in your mind that Microsoft recommends users to wait until the update is offered on their devices automatically. Forcing the update may result in unexpected issues on some systems.
I will personally recommend you to take full back up of your system before proceeding to download Windows 10 October 2018 Update.
How to download Windows 10 October 2018 Update using Update Assistant
So, here you can update your windows through windows update assistant. Similarly, to do this you need to visit on the Microsoft official website. or you can click here. Make sure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements, you’ve enough free space on your drive similarly you do not have any incompatible drivers installed.
- After visiting the webpage Click ‘Update Now’.
- Windows 10 Update Assistant Tool will be downloaded. The size is around 6MB.
- Run the Update Assistant and it will check the system configuration automatically. If all requirements are green, you can proceed to the next step to begin the installation.
- Click the Next button to continue.
- After the download finishes, click the Restart Now button to apply it.
This installation process will take around 40 minutes or maybe longer. There is one thing I must tell you that your pc will restart several times during up gradation.
In case your installation gets fail or unsuccessful you can roll back your windows certainly.
How to download October 2018 Update using Media Creation Tool
Here you can also use a media creation tool procedure to upgrade your windows with Windows 10 October 2018 Update. Therefore you can follow the below guideline for a clean installation of windows.
Similarly, You will find downloading and installing the Windows 10 October 2018 Update using Media Creation Tool is very easy to perform. So let’s follow the steps.
- First of all, go to Microsoft’s download page from here.
- Click Download tool now option under Create Windows 10 installation media section.
- Double click on it or run the app.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Select the Upgrade this PC now option and Click ” Next “.
- Double check and confirm that the Keep personal files and apps option is selected. Otherwise, your files, apps, and settings will be lost.
- Click Install to begin the process.
Download October 2018 Update using the Insider program
Also, you can download Windows 10 October 2018 Update by joining windows insider program. Now follow the steps below.
- Open Settings
- Click on Update & security
- navigate the Windows Insider Program page.
- Click the Get started button.
- Restart your computer to apply the new changes.
- Once again open the Insider settings page and under “Choose your Insider level” select Just fixes and updates option.
Create a bootable drive ( ISO File )with Media Creation Tool
With this process, you can create an iso file of windows. Therefore you can install it later. So, you will need to download “MediaCreationTool1809” from here.
The file is almost 18 MB.After downloading this app follow the steps as follows –
- Run the app
- Accept applicable notices & license terms
- now select the “Create installation media” option and click “Next”.
- select Language, architecture & edition and click “Next”.
- uncheck the “Use the recommended options for this PC” to download Windows 10 with a different language, edition, or architecture and click “Next”.
- Select ISO File from the options to ” choose which media to use ” and click “Next”.
- wait until downloading is not getting complete. File size will be around 3 GB. ( You can write this ISO File on DVD )
How to download October 2018 Update using USB Flash drive
This procedure is almost the same as creating of ISO file. You will find the same option until the pop up having ” choose which media to use ” is coming.
here you need to choose ” USB FLASH DRIVE ” from the options to ” choose which media to use “
take USB flash drive or pen drive containing 8GB free space. After downloading the new copy of windows into your pen drive successfully, your USB flash drive is ready to use. Now follow all the steps to apply Windows 10 October 2018 Update on your system.
- connect your pen drive with your system.
- go to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery > Advanced startup & Click on ‘Restart now’.
- go to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery > Advanced startup. Click ‘Restart now’.
- put your product keys or you can skip this section or you can click “I don’t have a product key link”
- Click on the Custom: Install Windows only
- You may need to delete the existing Windows partition and install Windows 10 again on unallocated space.
- a fresh installation will be completed finally.
Hope you have enjoyed this article about How To Download Windows 10 October 2018 Update without having any kind of trouble. Consequently, if you have any doubt on it, the comment box is already opened for knowing your opinion. Don’t hesitate to ask your question through comment box, I will be there for you with a better solution. Thanks for reading this article
Disclaimer: We are not liable for any damage caused by the use of all the methods mentioned in this article.