how to perform a clean installation of Windows 10 on your PC: If you are planning to install windows 10 on your pc or thinking to upgrade your pc then you are at the exact place with the proper solution. In this article, I will tell how to install windows 10 on your pc with the proper way. Nowadays this is a common question among all pc user that how to install windows 10. & now today I am going to tell the whole procedure how to install windows 10 on your pc.
Basically, there are two approaches to get windows 10 on your pc. First is the system upgrade & the second one is the Fresh installation of Windows 10.
Typically when you will upgrade your system, all of your documents, media file will remain the same. Whereas in the fresh installation of Windows 10, you will be lost everything like you will get your pc from the start point. Don’t worry I will be going to discuss all the two processes. But before getting the windows 10 on your pc you need to qualify minimum requirements.
So, let’s have a look over the system requirements
Windows 10 System Requirements
It is very important to verify if your system has the necessary hardware to support Windows 10 or not. Although most computers nowadays probably have the necessary requirements for windows 10. It will certainly be helpful to know them in case you want to upgrade or install windows 10 in your system. Microsoft lists the Windows 10 minimum hardware requirements as follows
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor or SoC.
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit.
- Hard disk space: 16 GB for 32-bit OS 20 GB for 64-bit OS.
- Graphics card: DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver.
- Display: 800×600.
Once you start the installation process, it will automatically verify your computer hardware & let you know if your system qualifies for windows 10 or not. If your system does not qualify the minimum requirements, you will need to upgrade your computer hardware.
follow the below steps before upgrading to Windows 10:
- Log in as Administrator, Sign into your computer using an account with system administrator permissions
- Connect your computer to the internet before commencing on the upgrade.
- Connect Your Computer to an AC Power. It is important to connect an AC adapter to your system during the upgrade.
- Ensure Your Windows PC has the Latest Windows Updates I would recommend you to apply all important Windows updates via “Windows Update” before proceeding with the Windows 10 upgrade.
- Backup Hard Disk Data I would recommend you to perform a full backup of your files in case the upgrade procedure fails.
Please ensure that you have a copy of the Recovery Boot Disc, Factory Image Discs & Application Disc. You may use the recovery media set in case you wish to revert the systems back to Windows 8/8.1 or Windows 7.
However, all user data will be lost after the reverse process.
- Clear Security Passwords We would recommend you to clear the security feature passwords before the upgrade.
Here I am discussing the full procedure. Follow the steps to upgrade your system.
- Run the Upgrade Tool or click here to directly enter in to upgrade tool.
Select Upgrade this PC now
- Click Next to continue.
- Click Accept to accept the End-User Licensing Agreement and continue with the upgrade
- Once the download is completed, it will run through pre-install checks. If any warning message appears, please follow the instructions on the screen to resolve the issue. After passing the pre-install checks, click Start the upgrade now to upgrade immediately.
- restart System and upgrade installs
- Once the installation is completed:
Restart occurs and the system starts first boot experience.
Sign-in screen displays, depending on the type of account.
Click Use express settings to continue, or click Customize settings to personalize settings.
Click Next to use the Windows 10 default apps or click Let me choose my default apps to change defaults.
Login to Windows
7. If you entered the password incorrectly previously, a screen will be shown prior to the color screen below prompting you to re-enter it.
8. Process Completed.
As I told you that there is another approach to upgrade your system. That is Fresh installation. Now I am going to tell you how you can install windows freshly on your computer. Please follow the steps as follows.
- Boot up the System with the Windows 10 Installation Disc. If you are in doubt of how to boot with the installation disc, don’t hesitate to ask me through comment box. I will be there to tell you the procedure.
- Click Next to continue.
- Click Install now
- Type the product key into the text box, and then click Next.
- Click I accept the license terms & click Next.
- Click Custom Install Windows only to proceed with the clean install.
- Select each partition and click Delete to remove all partitions on your hard disk. Then select the freed up unallocated space and click Next to continue.
- Windows 10 clean installation begins.
- If you use a wireless network, connect to your access point.
- Click Use express settings to automatically configure your Windows 10 settings.
- Select the Owner of the PC
- If you have a Microsoft account, enter your account name and password, then click Sign in. If you want to use a new Microsoft account, click Create one. Otherwise, click Skip this step to create a Local account.
- If you wish to use a PIN, click PIN me and follow the instructions.
- Click Next to opt-in to Cortana. Otherwise click Not now.
- Please wait a while before Windows starts up.
Post Upgrade Recommendations
After upgrading your PC to Windows 10, I recommend you to install a few updates. Please proceed to install all the drivers, utilities and applications, Install of the latest Windows Updates from Microsoft. After completing the installation of all drivers, utilities, and applications, you may visit Microsoft Windows 10 pages to learn more.
how to perform a clean installation of Windows 10 on your PC: Thanks for reading. I hope you have gone through the article & it will help you a lot to know How to install windows 10 on your pc. Therefore if you have any queries or doubt then feel free to ask me through the comment box below. I will be there to help you as soon as possible.